Friday, November 26, 2010

Biloi's High School Life

With God's continuing grace, I enrolled Roi as 1st year HS at St. Michael
Development Center (SMDC), Tolosa, Leyte. This is the only catholic/private school in our town where his brother, Rouen graduated high school last March 2008. Likewise, his sister, Roe is currently enrolled as 4th year HS. That's the reason why i enrolled him in this school and the accomodation of the Principal and Sr. Joe to ensure that he is well-taken cared of by his sister.

Last June 7 was his first day in school. I accompanied him and informed Sir Jomar, his class adviser regarding his heart condition and requested that my son be exempted from attending the flag ceremony and other school activities that would aggravate his condition. I only requested his classmates to understand his condition telling them that he was already denied and open-heart surgery and anytime he would leave us. I was then assured by Sir Jomar and I was so thankful for such accomodation
.

However, when I went home from work, I was worried to see him so huggard and complaining severe chest pain.  I asked her sister what happened and they told me that his 2 teachers were not informed regarding his condition.  They we're required to go down to the library to do some research and because he was new in that school he obeyed without telling his condition.

With what happened, he pleaded to transfer to Tolosa NHS, a government school located at Malbog, Tolosa, Leyte.  According to him, almost all his classmates in Grade VI are studying there.

Sir Gaganao, the Principal of Tolosa NHS knew my son's condition and assured me that they will look upon him. 

I prepared a letter and personally requested the School Head of SMDC regarding the transfer of my son.  With their consent,  Roi reported the following week to his new school.

He went to school with Mano Bening driving his motorcycle or pedicab.  He ate lunch at school and fetched in the afternoon.  He can't afford to stay in the classroom without an electric fan, so I have to provide his own stand fan.  I also tried my best to donate one (1) ceiling fan for their classroom.

He really enjoyed in this school for he has many friends who understand his condition.  Likewise, the teachers are so kind enough to give him considerations.

I knew how he wish to live longer and continue his studies.  During my 45th bday and new year's eve, I have wished  and prayed that God give him a longer life even at the expense of deducting years from my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment